Once upon a time...

At one time, from 1350 bis 1695, the Unterwirt was actually owned by the archbishopric of Salzburg, known at that time as the "Jüngere Taverne" and standing right next to the church. 

From 1695 to 1725, the first lodging-seekers and brandy smugglers were staying at the Unterwirt, the "Herberg zu Salpach".

1725 to 1830 saw the Unterwirt owned by the church in Fusch.

Since 1830, the Unterwirt has been owned by the Kröll family.